Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

So we had an eventful Valentine's Day this year! Michael & I are not big on gift exchanging, but he did give me some really beautiful tulips that were a nice surprise. But I have to say that our gifts from Jake were super special! He had a Valentine party at preschool and came home with some goodies that he decided to share. He was so excited to give me his beloved heart shaped balloon and give a cookie to Levi. I asked him if I could have a cookie too and he said yes. There were 2 left, a big one and a small one. I asked him which one he wanted me to have, and he said, "Well, you're big and I'm small, so you can have the big one Mom." So thoughtful :) And then he was so proud to give Daddy his present too...a half eaten ring pop! Daddy graciously & excitedly accepted the gift - Jake made sure to tell him he only licked it a little :)

Later that evening Miss Jessica came to babysit while Michael and I went to dinner with some other Cluff family members. Levi gave her a hard time after bedtime and was fussy - teething, end of a cold, just plain cranky. We got home & put him back to bed, but he was up again at midnight. Normally Michael would have just given him a drink of water (a requirement every time he wakes up!), changed his diaper and put him back to bed, all in the dark. But this night, Michael couldn't find the diapers, so he carried Levi into our bedroom to ask where they were & I could clearly see Levi's poor face was very abnormally swollen! His eyes were swollen almost shut and his lips were so swollen they were hard to the touch. Off to urgent care in the middle of the night for us! Turns out he has a peanut allergy - Daddy was trying to be nice earlier in the evening by sharing a Reese's peanut butter cup...can't do that again! But now we know, and ultimately all ended well.

No comments:

Post a Comment