Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Levi's Sleep Habits

Levi has developed a habit over the last couple of months of coming into our bed in the middle of the night. We let him cuddle for a few minutes and take him back to bed...or sometimes we fall asleep so he's there for hours. But he KEEPS COMING BACK! We're talking like 4,5,6 times a night. So we've decided we need to lay down the law to keep him in his own bed.
When I tucked him in tonight I covered him with his blanket & made sure he had his snugglies as usual. (Baby puppy, blue bear, white bear, moose, skunk, bunny, etc.) I asked him what songs he wanted and he chose Frosty the Snowman (typical, no matter the season ;)) and rolled over so I could scratch his back (he switched from back to head depending on the day). At the conclusion of Frosty he told me, "Now sing ABC's...then I'll close my eyes." Also typical.
After the songs we exchanged hugs & kisses and I laid down the law. "Levi, you have to stay in YOUR bed all night. If you come in MY bed, I'm going to have to lock your door. Do you understand?"
"Then I'll use my kitchen to get the key."
"No, you won't. If you do, I'll take the kitchen out of your room and I'll lock the door again."
"Will you put the kitchen in Jake's room?"
"No, Jake's room is the same as your room, you share. REMEMBER, you have to stay in your bed all night, or I'll have to lock your door."
"And if I touch the TV, Daddy will spray me with the hose."
"Yes, but we're not talking about that right now."
And with a sly grin he slowly asks, "Then why are we still talking?"
Oh I love this clever, sweet, mischievous child.

No comments:

Post a Comment