Well, behind again. So let’s see, biggest news for us this
year is the new baby we’re expecting in October! This will be the fourth and
FINAL member to our family J
I really had to convince Michael that this was a good move, but once we knew
for sure, he was excited too J
We’ve always revealed gender as soon as we knew it, but this time, although WE
know, we’re saving it as a surprise for everyone else! I’ve definitely noticed
a difference with this pregnancy with regards to my health. This one feels more
difficult for sure…perhaps due to my age. But fortunately, I’m not decorating a
nursery, so that has saved me hours of work!
This past spring Jake played soccer and Levi played t-ball.
Jake scored every goal at every game for his team! He had fun, but I wish the
coaching had been better to help all the boys develop their skills better. He
was asked to join a specific team for this fall, so that’s the plan and this
upcoming coach is supposed to be fabulous, so we’re looking forward to that!
Jake is really excited to play again and he’s learning more about the value of
money, so he even agreed to do extra jobs every day until school starts since
we’re paying for the registration. Levi
really like t-ball! I was really proud of him – not only was he super cute in
his uniform, but he had a great attitude every game, tried his best, had a
great swing, and learned quite a bit about how to play during the season.
For family vacation this year we went to Carlsbad, CA and
stayed in a resort on the beach. The resort and time at the beach were
fantastic! The kids traveled really well on the road trip, although I will say
by the end of a week traveling, I’m ready for our home bathroom! Lexi was potty
trained in February and it’s no fun taking little ones to the bathroom in
public! We took the kids to Legoland and Sea World while we were there. We
loved Sea World, but Legoland we could have done without. The kids loved the rides and shows at Sea
World. Although, I commented to Michael after the Shamu show that I was
surprised the trainers didn’t swim with the orcas and he responded with, “Uh
yeah, not since that whale killed his trainer a few years back.” “WHAT!?” I had
no idea. So I spent the most of the return road trip home looking up info on
that attack and the history of Sea World…then I had nightmares about killer
whales for days. Oops. L
Still a great family vacation though!
Jake was so excited for summer vacation to start this year!
We really didn’t plan a lot of activities during the summer. Miss Becki was
back to teach swim lessons this year. I’m so excited because this is the year
that I feel like Lexi has absolutely mastered swimming! The first 2 days she
cried about swimming, then the 3rd day she wanted to swim and I told
her, “Ok, but no screaming or crying.” And she agreed. Never cried or screamed
after that, but swam with a smile on her face! Lessons started in June and by
July she was a total fish swimming in the water completely independently and
loving every minute! We had tickets for the movies each week. Thought that’d be
something fun to do with the kiddos, but more often than not it was just
exhausting. We had to race from swim to the theater, then the kids would drink
way too much lemonade and we’d have to race home from the theater at the end of
the show. By the last week, Lexi peed in her carseat. I was not a happy momma.
And we probably won’t be doing this next summer!
Michael took the boys camping over the Fourth of July
weekend. They were thrilled! They met Uncle Hobie and his boys up on the
Mogollon Rim and had so much fun they came back filthy from head to toe! Haha.
Oh, and Jake brought back a souvenir…the skull of a javelina. I had to put my
foot down that that would be an OUTSIDE souvenir, and would not be allowed to
stay in his room J
Levi explained to me that he couldn’t bring his souvenir back…Dad wouldn’t let
him. He’d found coyote bones, but since there was still fur and a paw attached,
he couldn’t take it. Good call, Daddy! LOL Oh and they were quick to throw Dad
under the bus and confess they only brushed their teeth twice while they were
there. Nice. In the meantime, Lexi & I hung out at home together J I took her to the mall
(she loves shopping), bought some clothes, got Wetzel Pretzels, I painted her
toes (which she gets so excited about!), and we played at home. But we both
missed our boys! L I
definitely don’t like it when Michael is gone at night…we slept with the hall
light on both nights. And I suppose it didn’t help that I watched a few
Lifetime movies like “Deadly Revenge” and “Stalked by Her Neighbor” late at
night either! So we were very happy to see our stinky dirty boys come home!! I
like my whole family under one roof for sure! It’s the constant paradox of a
mother – all I want is a break from the kiddos for peace and quiet, but once I
get it, I miss them like crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment