I am amazed at how responsible and thoughtful our sweet Jake is for just being 4 years old. He loves Levi and is totally looking forward to having a baby sister too! The other day they were outside playing basketball. Levi was too short to make a basket, so Jake assisted him by picking him up so he could reach...many times! I love that he wanted to make sure Levi was having fun and was able to play instead of just wanting to entertain himself! He loves to give him hugs and kisses and he always volunteers to get Levi from his room when he wakes up from his nap. And Levi loves Jake & always does his best to imitate him. Of course we have issues when one of them does something naughty & the other just escalates it, but I suppose that's to be expected :) And sometimes it does feel like we're raising monkeys, bears or some other type of wild animals when they're wrestling, screaming or just being crazy, but I can't say enough how much we love them!!!
The other day Grammy & Papa were over visiting and Grammy offered Levi a drink of her water. Jake leaned over and asked, "Does that have peanuts in it?" Puzzled, Grammy said "No." Jake said, "Good, because Levi can't have peanuts, he's allergic." That's that responsible side I mentioned!
No comments:
Post a Comment