Monday, September 3, 2012

Jake's thoughts on church...

So, for the last couple of years, Jake has complained every time he realizes we're going to church. He always has a good time in primary once he's there and he LOVES going to school, so I can't figure out exactly why he doesn't want to go to primary every week.  Seriously, it brings on the whole body collapse with a whine & pout.  I've asked him why many times before, but he always says the same thing, "I just don't like it!"  So I pressed the issue yesterday and asked, "Why? Are there monsters there?" "No." "Are they mean to you?" "No.", "Well why don't you want to go?" And he exclaims, "I just don't like wearing my tie!" So I said, "Ok, I'll make you a deal.  You don't have to wear your tie tomorrow." And he perks right up and says, "Oh.  Well I don't like my shirt either." (Too bad, still had to wear the shirt :))

Then on the way to church this morning he told me he wanted to go to Levi's class & play with toys.  I told him, "No, you have to go to your own class."  He said, " But Levi gets to play with toys & I want to play with toys!" I replied, "Well his class is for babies." And Jake said, "Fine, then I'll just stop eating, so I'll stop growing and turn back into a baby." Although clever, too bad for him that it really doesn't work that way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment