Friday, September 21, 2012

The little things...

As I tucked Jake into bed tonight, I said prayer as usual.  (Jake usually says it at dinner time and I say it at bedtime.) My face was close to his & during the prayer he kissed me on the cheek.  Made me smile. Made my day.

Current bedtime routine for Jake includes reading a couple books, rocking in the rocking chair & singing a few songs while rubbing his tummy or back (usual favorites are Wheels on the Bus, You Are My Sunshine, Itsy Bitsy Spider & Mary Had a Little Lamb), then tucking him in and saying prayer.  A few nights ago I had a headache & went to bed early. Jake came into my room & brought some extra blankets to tuck me in, then HE said prayer (which included requesting that my head would feel better soon :)), gave me a kiss goodnight & told me he'd be downstairs if I needed him. :) I love him.


No comments:

Post a Comment